Friday, May 21, 2010

Yes, I am the crazy person who is up at 4am...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe I can't get back to sleep. I may as well blog since I'm up anyway. The socks I am knitting are coming along great. Almost done the first one.

Now, you should know that I love other things besides knitting, crochet, and all things yarn. I also love to garden, and I have a funny story to share with you about that. So,  I have recently rented a spot in the local community garden. I was in there a few days ago and was checking out the dirt level, seeing what tools were in the shed. You know... Checking out the situation. Well, I came across a rototiller in the shed and jumped for joy! I told Liam we were going for a drive to get a jerry can of fuel. So I locked the pad-lock on the shed and proceeded to walk away. But, oh crap! I locked my keys INSIDE THE SHED! Gah! As I start to panic, I realize that the hinges are on the outside of the door. Being the resourceful, crafty lady that I am, went over to a neighbor's and borrowed a screwdriver. I removed the door, grabbed my keys, re-attached the door and went along my merry way.

Needless to say, I took it as a hint that I wasn't supposed to rototill that evening. It would have been just my luck, I may have lost a leg or something ridiculous. Plus, it's been raining now, so I have to wait until the ground dries up a bit. Guess what I am planting? Here's my list: Corn, Onions, Carrots, Garlic, Beets, Radishes, Green Beans, Yellow Beans, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Cucumbers and Zucchini.

Until next time,
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment